About Me

My photo
Saratoga, CA, United States
A Foodie that loves life and passionately finds many interests in everything she sees. :-)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Seeking Mr. Darcy ♥

Joyful to hear Milan featured "Cashmere coats with edgy leather jackets" recently at their Autumn/Winter 2011-2012 collection. Stating that men are in need to "rediscover their identity", why? Because they all look alike? Yes, it's true and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thought this. I always “buckled" against what the general public wore so it’s good news that seeking a Mr. Darcy's style of fashion is coming back. I've always adored vintage glamour and  I am a Jane Austen fan. Besides the fact I'm in love with his character in "Pride and Prejudice", one who enjoys watching The Tudors, same similarities of style is heavenly, at least for me that is. Seeing a man in a long coat, with his pressed shirt, and boots gives others the image that this man is well dressed, educated, well connected, and affluent. Honestly, who doesn't want a man like that??? I understand the mentality to NOT outdo your boss's way of dressing (started in the high tech world, emulated in the 90's). Steve Job can afford to dress down, he's already proven himself that he's intelligent it helped paved the way to his wealth. However, the general men are still working their way to get there. Sad to say, the men missed the target. Because this trend trickled all the way down from executives to lower wage laborers. Which lead to mainstream that followed to the poverty look. Do consider the circumstances with the economy and high unemployment rate now. Ask yourself; "What can you do to stand out and not "blend in"? The answer is easy, stand out by wearing something traditional/classic, and go out of your way to NOT look like everyone else. It doesn't have to be expensive, just look expensive. (Glad I'm ahead of the trend, I bought a long jacket for my husband last year.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110118/lf_nm_life/us_italy_fashion

2 comments:

Awkward Turtle said...

This is good! I have always thought Sean dressed well. But am looking to find stores/styles to make him stand out. He loves classic...I'm just not sure where to go. And of course don't want to spend all my money on one jacket. Any tips on stores?? Thanks!!

Amaris Design said...

Thanks Awkward Turtle! Sean dresses well as I recall (and you both are a good looking couple! My suggestion is to keep your eyes open for sales (65% to 75% off) when you go window shopping or online shopping. I suggest Macy's would be more ideal compared to the other stores I have listed here on my site. Macy's and Dillard's have similar styles of how they put out sales, on top of sales. Be cautious about buying men's pants and jackets as they are hard to fit unless Sean is there to size it up. Discount stores I have observed carries designer names with steep savings that will make it easy for your pocket. Have fun shopping! ;-)